Top 10 Ways To Be Effective
1. Get very clear about your intention. Actions are meaningless if you don't know what you want. Work on getting extremely clear on what your intention is, so it has the power to inspire you and propel you powerfully forward to it's fulfillment. The clearer you are with your intentions, the more powerful your actions will be. A vague intention will produce not so powerful results. Crystallize your intentions so they're powerfully created and well crafted. Your actions will have purpose and velocity as a result.
2. Start with the end in mind. Develop a clear picture of what you want to achieve & plan backwards from future to present. Articulate in as much detail as possible what it is you want.
3. Write it down! The act of writing makes the intention more real, and supports your commitment to it. The process of writing makes the intention more real.
4. Develop a plan with measurable objectives, milestones and target dates. Work from the future to the present when designing your plan. Strategize actions that will be effective, and that leverage your strengths and talents.
5. Have others support you. Let others know what you're up to, so they can support you. The more communicative you are about your goals and plans, the more likely you'll achieve them. Letting others know what you're up to both reinforces your commitment, and creates synergy as now other people are enrolled in the possibility of your intentions/actions.
6. Design a strategy and give it enough time to have it work. Be flexible enough however, to know when to use alternate approaches and strategies for achievement.
7. Create systems to monitor your progress, and be consistent with them. This doesn't mean that daily or hourly monitoring is necessary it does mean that creating a feedback loop, even if you're the only one participating in the feedback loop, is vitally important. Make time available on a regular basis for self or project review.
8. Utilize your support system, and identify a "buddy coach" who is committed to your success. Develop a structure to ensure that your buddy coach and you will communicate on a regular basis. The accountability factor is significant in helping you to stay on track.
9. Appreciate all that you're doing to stay on track, and celebrate your progress along the way! Express gratitude to those who are supporting you, as well as to yourself.
10. Protect yourself from people or things that don't support you. You want to surround yourself with people and things that are going to nourish you and propel you closer to the realization of your dreams.
Jan Gordon, LCSW is an Executive and Personal Coach who finds great joy in helping her clients achieve outstanding results! Ms. Gordon provides coaching to individuals and teams who are dedicated to enhancing their personal power and sense of fulfilment. Her coaching embraces the concept that challenge provides opportunity. Visit her website at: www.qualitycoaching.com. Jan can reached at email@example.com
Copyright © 2000 by
Jan Gordon. All Rights Reserved. This content may be forwarded only in full, with copyright/bio/contact/creation information intact, without specific permission, when used only in a not-for-profit format. If any other use is desired, permission in writing from Jan Gordon is required.
Copyright © 2000 by Jan Gordon. All Rights Reserved. This content may be forwarded only in full, with copyright/bio/contact/creation information intact, without specific permission, when used only in a not-for-profit format. If any other use is desired, permission in writing from Jan Gordon is required.